Sunday, March 6, 2011

Thank you, Jesus, for this opportunity to trust You more.

I wish I could take credit for the title of this blog post, but I have to give a shout out to a certain author named, Sarah Young.  Her book, Jesus Calling, has been rocking my world this year.


In fact, it's one of the things that inspired me to start this blog.  I was coming across so many awesome quotes, words of wisdom, Bible verses, etc. that I wanted a place where I could journal them and expound upon them.


I'm sure we all have opportunities we can think of where we need to trust Jesus more.  For me, right now, it's finding a job.  Lately, I have found myself in panic mode.  

How am I going to find a job?  
What if I never get an interview?  
What if I do get an interview and they don't pick me?  
What if I have to work on a floor that I don't like?  


I finally had to tell myself to snap out of it this past week and to calm down.  I don't have to rush but I find myself panicking like I might miss the perfect job.


But wait.  If I'm trusting in God to lead me to the perfect job, then how am I going to miss it??


"When you try to figure out the future, you are grasping at things that are Mine.  This, like all forms of worry, is an act of rebellion: doubting My promises to care for you.  Whenever you find yourself worrying about the future, repent and return to Me.  I will show you the next step forward, and the one after that, and the one after that.  Relax and enjoy the journey in My Presence, trusting Me to open up the way before you as you go."-Jesus Calling by Sarah Young


I don't know about you, but that devotion hit me upside the head.


I love that this opportunity is going to challenge me to trust Jesus more.  I really am excited to see what the Lord has in store for me as a nurse.  It's my own weaknesses of wanting to be in control and wanting to know the future that trip me up.  


My daily prayer has been going something like this, "Lord, help me to submit my job search to you.  Lead me in the way I should go.  Please reveal your will to me.  Help me to be satisfied in whatever job you have chosen for me."


You see, I really want a job in labor and delivery.  But what if the Lord wants me to work in another area for right now?!  At first thought, I was a little crushed at the idea that the Lord may not place me in L&D.  When I really get down to what do I want, I want the Lord's will for my life.  If he wants to place me in a small town hospital working with cancer patients, then that's what I want to do.  Or should I say, that's what I want my heart to then want to do.  I know the Lord is going to have to do a work in me to soften my heart to whatever he has in store because I have a pretty clear idea of what I'd like to do, but it may not be what the Lord wants me do.  Right now I'm working on submitting my desires to him so I can be open to receive the blessing of whatever job he has in mind.


"I will instruct you and teach you in the way you should go; I will counsel you and watch over you."  Psalm 32:8

1 comment:

  1. You know I struggle with this too. It's so hard to let God take the reigns, especially for a planner like me! I'm praying the same prayer. I have faith that you will get a job and that you'll be great at it! Love you and love your new blog!

    ReplyDelete