Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Zephaniah

Well, it's been a week since my last post.  It's been a busy, Lord-filled week.  A good one.  :)  Lots to say, but I want to focus on Zephaniah 3:17.


I love the Lord!!  I love the way he brings something to our attention and then keeps repeating it over and over and over until we get it.  Or at least until I get it!!  Like I've said before, I frequently ask the Lord to hit me up side the head with what he wants me to know.


I recently started a new women's group. We are doing a study called, "Falling In Love With Jesus".  Doesn't that just sound all warm and fuzzy.  For someone who has emotional attachment/expression issues this causes all kinds of uncomfortable feelings to occur.  I love the Lord, but am I in love with the Lord???!!  Sadly, I think my answer borderlines on a no or a maybe.


A week ago the memory verse for the week was Zephaniah 3:17.


"The Lord your God is with you, he is mighty to save.  He will take great delight in you, he will quiet you with his love, he will rejoice over you with singing."


I underlined the parts that make me uncomfortable.  I know.  Shouldn't I be jumping for joy in the fact that the Lord delights and rejoices over me??!!  The truth is, as a perfectionist, I feel like a failure pretty much all the time.  How can the Lord love me if I'm constantly failing at his commandments.  I frequently lose my patiences, follow my sinful-self instead of seeking the Lord first, the list could really go on and on.  I think that the Lord expects perfection b/c I expect perfection.  If I don't achieve that, then how can the Lord delight and rejoice over my mistakes??


Do I know the truth?  Yes!!  Absolutely I do.  The enemy just loves to trip me up.  I'm in constant need of the Lord's grace.


Which leads me to 2 things.  After some prayer from a dear friend this week, the Lord kept saying to her "recognition of grace".  Yes, I'm finding that the Lord wants me to explore grace more.  What it means to accept his grace, how to extend grace to others, how accepting grace can change my life.


The second thing....6 times this week the Lord had my path cross with Zephaniah 3:17.  Before this bible study, I never even knew the book of Zephaniah existed.  3 of the graduation cards I received this weekend had this exact verse word for word.  Do you think the Lord is trying to tell me something??!!


I felt so humbled and honored that he would make such an effort to have my path come across this verse over and over.  To remind me that no matter what I do he loves me, he has saved me, he delights and rejoices over me, and that his spirit will quiet and lead me in the way I should go.  


I think I may be falling in love with the Lord!!  ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment