Thursday, March 24, 2011

Waiting

I had another post in the works, but the Lord did something so cool today that I have to write about that instead.  If you read my other blog you know that I've been under spiritual attack recently.  I'm happy to say that today I finally feel like I've "snapped" out of it.  You can't really snap out of a spiritual attack but I've been spending time with the Lord and have people praying for me.  


Today during Brendan's bible study at church he asked for the group to pray for me.  A dear friend of ours was given a vision for me from the Lord.  I'm going to try and not butcher the explanation, but some things get lost in translation.


My friend said that Jesus was walking into a hospital room and began getting it prepared for me.  I then came in and began taking care of a patient and light (Jesus' light within me) began shining out of my body.  She told me that the Lord is preparing a place for me to work.  That he will guide me to the right job.  That he has not brought me this far to leave me.  He will never forsake or leave me!  I am to practice putting on the armor of God because the enemy would love nothing more than to trip me up.  I am not to become anxious or overwhelmed about the things coming ahead.  I am to wait on the Lord.  He is preparing the way for me.


This vision was a sweet, tender gift to me from the Lord.  It made me cry.  I kept thanking the Lord for giving the vision to Maria so she could share it with me.  Later that day she called me back and said the Lord gave her Psalm 27 for me.  The theme for that psalm is, "God offers help for today and hope for the future.  Unwavering confidence in God is our antidote for fear and loneliness" (NIV translation).


My favorite part of Psalm 27 is verse 14, "Wait for the Lord; be strong and take heart and wait for the Lord."


I will continue to wait for the Lord and his leading.  He has already impressed upon me that I am to take things ONE STEP AT A TIME.  I'll study for the boards.  Take the test when I'm ready.  Go to Hilton Head Island in May with my family and then come back and apply for jobs.  This is a time where I don't have to have all the answers right away or know the next step.  I want to go where the Lord is leading anyway.  I will continue to seek his direction!!

1 comment: